Contrary to popular belief you can smoke more than just brisket and spare ribs.
Getting creative with your smoker is a natural progression. We often get curious about what different foods would taste like smoked.
I’m sure you have all seen smoked sausage, cheese, fish, and a plethora of different meats, but what else can you smoke? And more importantly, what else can you smoke that tastes good?
In this post, we will explore the different meats, vegetables, dairy products, and other foods you can smoke!
The Best Things to Smoke at Home
You can break down the different types of foods to smoke and place them into the following 6 categories:
Meats You Can Smoke
- Black pig
- Burnt ends
We have a delicious smoked cherry duck you can try here
- Dutch loaf
- Elenski but
- Ham – Ammerländer Schinken, Black Forest ham, Christmas ham, Country ham, Ham hock, Eisbein, Stuffed ham, Tasso ham, & Westphalia ham
- Horse meat
- Montreal-style smoked meat
- Pigs feet
- Pork jowl
- Pork tail
- Sausage – Ahle Wurst, Alheira, Amsterdam ossenworst, Andouille, Bierwurst, Bockwurst, Bologna sausage, Boudin, Breakfast sausage, Cabanossi, Chinese sausage, Chorizo, Ciauscolo, Debrecener, Embutido, Farinheira, Frankfurter Würstchen, Hungarian sausages, Isterband, Kielbasa, Knackwurst, Knipp, Kochwurst, Kohlwurst, Krakowska, Kulen, Lebanon bologna, Linguiça, Liverwurst, Braunschweiger, Loukaniko, Lukanka, Lucanica, Mettwurst, Morteau sausage, Nădlac sausage, Pinkel, Rookworst, Salami, Skilandis, Sremska kobasica, Summer sausage, Teewurst, Vienna sausage, Winter salami
Here is a delicious way to prepare you smoked speck
- Suho meso
- Turkey bacon
Fish and Seafood to Smoke
- African longfin eel
- Arbroath smokie
- Atlantic mackerel
- Bonga shad
- Cakalang fufu
- Finnan haddie
- hot and cold smoked salmon
Vegetables to Smoke
- Bell Peppers
- Brussel Sprouts
- Chili Peppers
- Corn on the Cob
- Smoked Mushrooms
Fruit To Smoke
Here is a delicious recipe for smoked peaches from Ashley!
Dairy and Other Foods to Smoke
- Cheese – Chechil, Cheddar, Gamonéu cheese, Gouda cheese, Gubbeen Farmhouse Cheese, Idiazabal cheese, Korbáčik, Kwaito, Lincolnshire Poacher, Metsovone, Mozzarella, Oscypek, Oštiepok, Palmero cheese, Parenica, Provolone, Pule cheese, San Simón cheese, Rauchkäse, Ricotta, Rygeost, Scamorza, Tesyn, Wensleydale cheese
- Ice cream
Oklahoma Joe’s have an succulent smoked vanilla ice cream!
- Seeds & Nuts – Almonds, cashews, chestnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, walnuts
- Water / Ice
Spices to Smoke
- Black pepper
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking and getting out in nature with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.