You can’t beat a delicious burger! But have tried the beer can burger?
Were going to show you how to wrap your burgers in bacon. Then stuffed the patty with topping like cold smoked mushrooms, smoked mac n cheese, bell peppers, fried egg, grilled onions, and chili!
If you find your burgers are shrinking on the grill, make sure you add a thumbprint into them.
This way your burgers will come out perfectly
You are about to learn how to make America’s greatest burger and you can thank us later!
Cooking With Beer
Love cooking with beer? Why not try my smoked beer can chicken? It is always a crowd-pleaser!
Beer Can Bacon Burgers
- 4 pounds Ground Chunk
- 2 pounds Bacon
- 1 can Beer
- 6 buns
- bell peppers
- canned chili
- mac and cheese
- Bring grill temperature up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit with coals offset for indirect cooking
- Sauté mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- . Heat up beef hash, chopped tomato, bacon, roast beef, and canned chili.
- Make hamburger balls, 8 to 12 ounces each. Make sure meat is cold
- Press beer can into center of each meatball forming a pocket around the can
- Wrap bacon around each one. Should take two pieces of bacon
- Using a dishtowel, remove beer can from meatball carefully
- Do this until all meatballs have been formed
- Take stuffing/toppings and start placing inside meatball pockets. Use your favorite toppings
- Add cheese inside of burgers or on top
- Place burgers opposite the direct heat
- Place lid on grill and cook for 45 minutes
- Check doneness at 20 minutes and rotate
- Remove from grill when cooked to 60 mins or desired doneness
- Place burgers on buns and top with favorite condiments
- Serve with coleslaw, potato salad and fries, enjoy!
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi, I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking, and getting out in the yard with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork, smoky pork loin, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?