Masterbuilt is one of the most well-known brands for smokers on the market. If feels like since the beginning of time they have been setting the standard for grills, smokers and bbqs.
They have been around since the 1970s, so you know that they are delivering a high-quality product and the Masterbuilt 20070910 is no exception.
This world famous electric smoker has so many great features such an immense cooking area, a digital control panel, and side wood chip loader.
We breakdown everything in this Masterbuilt 20070910 review. So let’s jump and see if this smoker is worth your money or not!
Key Features of The Masterbuilt 20070910
- Digital Control Panel for Set and Forget Function: This smoker has a simple push-button control panel that includes all temperature settings. It allows you to set it at any value between 100 and 275 degrees F, as well having a 24-hour digital timer and automatic shut off. We found the temperature remained consistent this helped to ensure our meat was cooked thoroughly and evenly. We loved the automatic shut, that meant we could set and forget the smoker and it would turn off when it deemed the food to be cooked.
- Large Cooking Area With 4 Chrome-Coated Cooking Racks: The Masterbuilt 20070910 comes with over 730 square inches of cooking area, spread over 4 racks. These 4 racks can hold up to 30lbs of meat. We found that you can cook enough amount of foods in once cooking session for a decently sized party or get together.
- Energy-Efficient Design: We found that the Masterbuilt 30 digital electric smoker was well insulated and held its heat (even in really really cold weather). Its walls are 100% insulated, helping in ensuring an even cook.
- Side Wood Chip Loader: Due to the design you never have to open the door of the smoker (which would always result in a drop in temperature and loss of precious smoke). All you need to do with this unit is add your wood chips to the side loader and slide it into the smoker.
- Well, Designed Drip Pan And Grease Tray For Easy Cleaning: The drip pan which is located on the Bottom of the smoker has a genius feature that allows the grease drain into a grease tray below. This allows for a really quick clean up.
Ease of Use
This unit is easy and straightforward to assemble, it took me under 30 minutes to do it. The detailed instructions come with the smoker and you have helpful customer service if you run into any problems.
The digital panel makes it easier to use, as everything is controllable from the controls and LED screen. It offers a range of temperatures which make cooking at a specific setting a simpler task.
Having the option to set and forget makes this an easy way to smoke top notch meat at home, without watching over it all day.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The Masterbuilt 20070910 is easy to clean, we found that removable parts could be cleaned in the dishwasher and inside the smoker can just be wiped down with a damp cloth.
We have put some of the maintenance tasks required for the Masterbuilt 20070910 below.
- When cleaning the cooking racks, drip tray and the water bowl, either put them in the dishwasher or use any dish detergent and then rinse and dry them thoroughly.
- When you clean the wood chip holder and loader, regularly remove the residues, dust and ash stuck there.
- The exterior and interior of this smoker can be wiped with just a damp cloth. It is recommended that no cleaning agents must be used here. Once done, always ensure that the smoker has been dried thoroughly.
- We always check the internal seam and the door seal has to be cleaned after every use to keep them in perfect working condition.
Masterbuilt Warranty Details
Masterbuilt provides a warranty period of up to 90 days if the product is free of any defects. Please note that the warranty does not cover any rusting, paint finishing and damages caused by transportation, misuse or accident of the smoker grill.
Further information on Masterbuilt warranty details.
Value For Money
Without any doubt, the Masterbuilt 20070910 is value for money. You will pay more than other electric smokers, however, what you is a higher quality and long lasting product.
Having the set and forget function will save you hours of the time of tending to the smoker & pretty much repay you any extra you will spend on this model!!
The Masterbuilt Cold Smoker Attachment
With this unit you can also cold smoke. I have made absolutely delicious smoked salmon, cheese and even bacon jerky with it!
With the attachment, you will find that there is a chip feeding & heating system that you need to attach the 20070910. This system will continuously feed wood chips for up to 6 hours . We found that it will smoke at temps as low as 100° to 120° Fahrenheit.
This is excellent for slow smoking and curing foods. It also only weighs 10.19 pounds, so you won’t be struggling to get the Masterbuilt cold smoker attachment set up!
Pros and Cons of the Masterbuilt 20070910
- When I run into problems the customer service was amazing.
- Digital control panels for exact temperature control and cooking.
- This unit only has a few basic instructions in order to make full use of its all functions. This means but novices and advancer users are catered too!
- Easily add seasonings and flavors to your cook with the water pan.
- Really easy to clean and maintain with the removable drip pans.
- The unit is not waterproof due to the electrical components on top (the temperature control). As long you as you store it inside or cover it they will be no worries.
- The unit isn’t heavy however it doesn’t have handles which can make moving it a bit awkward for one person.
Final Thoughts on the Masterbuilt 20070910
I believe the Masterbuilt 20070910 is an absolute steal for the quality for you receive. I would not hesitate to recommend this smoker to any of my family or friends. Especially those who want to experience high-quality BBQ but don’t want to worry about buying propane or charcoal!
4.6 / 5 Stars
Frequently Asked Questions About The Masterbuilt 20070910
Q: Can you tell me how many watts this unit has?
A: 1200 Watts.
A: What do you recommend using this smoker for?
A: Due too this smokers ability to go low and slow, I would recommend it for brisket. I have a guide on how to cook brisket in your electric smoker here.
Q: What is the length of the electrical cord?
A: The length of the cord is 6′.
Q: Can you cold smoke with this smoker?
A: You need the cold smoker attachment (sold separately on Amazon). With the attachment, you can cold smoke salmon and various cheeses.
Q: Does this smoker put off a lot of smoke/ odor?
A: When the smoker is running you can not notice any excessive smoke or odor
Q: I having some trouble getting my smoker started, can you help?
A: Check out my how to use an electric smoker guide for comprehensive advice.