The Smoke Hollow 44241G2 produces some of the best BBQ we have eaten.
We believe Smoke Hollow is one of the best to go for if you’re looking for quality and reliability.
Smoke Hollow have said “this is the largest gas smoker they have ever manufactured”. It has some serious cooking space. Another bonus of this unit is that is can be converted into a natural gas smoker.
You might notice 44241G2 is similar to the Smoke Hollow 44 Pro Series. The Smoke Hollow 44 pro series LP gas smoker has a letter W in the end, which stands for a window located on the door of the smoker.
The last number on the Smoke Hollow 44241G2 is two, which stands for the number of doors that smoker has. Lets dig deeper into this grill!
Smoke Hollow 44241G2 Review
A fantastic gas smoker for cooking for a crowd
Key Features of the Smoke Hollow 44241G2
- Huge Cooking Space: 6 cubic feet of capacity, can easily handle enough food for large gatherings. This includes Five Chrome Plated Steel Grates. 2 Standard Grids, 2 Jerky Style Grids, 1 Rib Rack and 1 Sausage Hanger.
- Powder Coated Sheet Steel Construction: Its powder coated steel sheet metal construction makes it durable and strong. It can withstand rough weather and extreme temperature as well.
- Has Two 12,000 BTU Stainless Steel Burners: The 44241G2 comes with fuel-efficient dual and independently controlled 12,000 BTU inline stainless steel burners. The heating unit works brilliantly. It’s a larger ash-free combustion system and much stable, reliable heat sources than other gas smokers in the market.
- Can Get to Temperature Quickly: Due to the fact that this smoker has two burners, it can quickly get up to temperature.
Need a smaller unit? Have a look at the Char-Broil The Big Easy Tru-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill.
Ease of Use
The Smoke Hollow Gas Smoker is super simple to put together. It comes with a highly detailed guide. This guide makes it much easy for someone of any level of experience with smokers.
The Smoker has the ability to hold any desired temperature within its range, so you don’t have to worry about losing heat or overcooking your meal.
Cleaning and Maintenance
It may seem large however, we found the smoker really simple to clean. Its a perfect choice for a beginner who hasn’t had experience with smoking or cleaning these units.
The racks are removable as well as can be thrown in the dishwasher. It only requires a quick wipe after this and your good to go.
Smoke Hollow Warranty
The Smoke Hollow 44241G2 comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Note: This doesn’t include the paint or any sign of rust.
Value For Money
It isn’t the cheapest of propane gas smokers on the market. However it does have some outstanding features, that do a great job of justifying its price point.
Pros and Cons
What we liked!
- Huge cooking area with over 7 cubic feet of cooking capacity.
- Durable steel built.
- Double-door mechanism to prevent heat loss.
- Maintains the moisture in food and cooks evenly.
- 721 square inches of the cooking area, you can cook for a large number of people.
What we didn’t like
- You might need someone to help you move it as it can be quite heavy for one person.
- You can lose some heat with the standard door seals. Though it can easily be overcome by including some sealing element in the gap of the door.
I hope that my review has given you an idea whether the Smoke Hollow 44241G2 is for you.
I believe it is easy to use, durable, efficient, and reasonably priced for all the features it offers.
All in all this makes it one of the best gas smokers available on the market and will stand the test of time.
Overall Rating: 4.7 / 5
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the door fasten ?
A: With adjustable clamp fasteners; 2 on top door, 1 on bottom. They work well.
Q: What are the dimensions of the cooking racks?
A: The cooking racks are 24″ W x 16″ D
Q: What is the interior depth of the 44″ smoker?
A: It is 14″ back to front.
Q: Can you put wood chunks instead of wood chips?
A: You can put in small chucks