Weber has created a grill that has almost too many features for me to test. They have truly thought of everything from a handle light to a gas bottle level indicator.
Everything from the tool hooks to the GS4 high-performance grilling system I was floored.
The Genesis II LX S-340 is a grill for those who are serious about their backyard entertaining and cooking, while still maintaining a sleek and stylish look.
Featuring 7mm stainless steel cooking grates and a built-in thermometer, the Genesis II LX S-340 was ready to tackle everything we threw at it. We did chicken wings and a full turkey and it performed like a star.
Weber Genesis II LX E-340
Do you need a new grill in your backyard, man cave or outdoor area? This grill is without a doubt my top pick for best grills under 1500 dollars, and maybe even the worlds best grill. Check out the main features and specifications of the Weber Genesis II LX below.
- Dimensions (lid closed): 48 x 59 x 25 inches
- Dimensions (lid open): 63 x 59 x 33 inches
- Primary Grilling Space: 513 square inches
- Warming Rack Space: 156 square inches
- Total Cooking Area: 669 square inches
- Main Burner BTU Output: 43,500
- Side Burner BTU Output: 12,000
- Tank Capacity: 20lb. (sold separately)
- Wheels: Yes
- Warranty: Weber limited 10 year warranty
- Ignition: Automatic
- GS4 High-Performance Grilling System: 30 years of experience has boiled down to Weber creating a super easy, 4 part system which comes together to create an unmatched grilling experience. It all starts with the Infinity Ignition meant it ignited everything I started it. This is made possible by an internal switch on each individual knob which ignites the gas.
Following are the high-performance burners, these burners are unlike any burners we have seen before. The tapered shape produces a consistent gas flow from the front through to the back ensuring we got an even temperature across the whole cooking surface.
- Flavorizer Bars: Crafted specifically to catch those delicious drippings which add that incredible smoky flavour to your food. The clever design keeps additional drippings away from the burners and into the Grease management System keeping your grill free of flare-ups.
- Removable Lid: I liked that you could take it off. If your want to see how to clean weber grill lid. Its worth doing every couple of cooks.
- Grease Management System: Designed to help remove grease with minimizing the risk of flare-ups. The grills additional drippings are funneled away from the burners when we were cooking into a disposable drip tray. This drip tray is easily removed and located right under the cook box.
- Grill 3 Connectivity: If you like your gadgets the Genesis II LX E-340 has complete compatibility with the Weber iGrill 3 thermometer. This Bluetooth thermometer is one of the best on the market right now and really does make cooking the perfect BBQ a breeze.
- Handle Mounted Grill Light: Cooking at night? No problem, the Genesis II LX E-340 has a powerful LED light coated on the handle. This lights up the entire grill space. It also has an auto shut off feature that is activated when the hood is closed.
- Sold As Propane or Natural Gas: Not too sure if you want to run this beast off propane or natural gas? No worries, the Genesis II LX E-340 comes in both options. Please do note this model cannot be converted from propane to natural gas or vice versa so choose wisely!
- Heavy Duty Wheels: The 4 heavy duty wheels live up to their name, even the 2 smaller, swivel wheels put up with my rugged outdoor area and not so graceful method of moving it around the place. The whole unit, in general, has a very tough and well-made feel, which to be honest is no real surprise from Weber.
- Side Burner: I loved the side burner on this grill, it was perfect to simmer down a gravy and reheat some leftovers while the main event was being cooked on the burners next door. The side burner puts out a 12 000 BTU per hour which is more than enough for a side burner of this size.
Pros and Cons
What We Liked
- Large cook space with additional side burner for sauces, and reheating.
- Sold as a Propane Grill or Natural Gas.
- Grill light with auto shut off feature.
- iGrill 3 compatibility.
- The GS4 high performance grilling system.
- Lighted control knobs.
- Backed by Webers 10 year manufacturers warranty
What We Didn’t Like
- No sear burners.
- This grill doesn’t quite grill as hot as others in Webers range.
In my eyes, Weber has once again crafted an amazing grill. It had all the features I need to create wonderful BBQ effortlessly.
With usual Weber perfection, it looks elegant and is built tough with a combination of cast aluminum, enamel & stainless steel. This is backed up by Webers 10 year manufacturer’s warranty and I have always found their after-sales service is great.
The choice to buy either propane or natural gas is a nice option to have, however, I like to have the functionality of being able to move the grill around, so I will always go for the propane option.
Overall Rating: 4.8 / 5
Still Hungry For More?