Once again Weber has created a grill that has almost too many features to handle. They have truly thought of everything from a handle grill light to a gas bottle level indicator.
The Genesis II LX S-340 is a grill for those who are serious about their backyard entertaining and cooking, while still maintaining a sleek and stylish look.
In true Weber fashion, this grill is crafted to perform as good as it looks. Everything from the tool hooks to the GS4 high-performance grilling system has been made with functionality in mind.
“The Genesis II LX S-340 is a grill for those who are serious about their backyard entertaining and cooking, while still maintaining a sleek and stylish look.”
Featuring a 7mm stainless steel cooking grates and a built-in thermometer, the Genesis II LX S-340 is ready to tackle everything you want to throw on it. From chicken wings to a full turkey and everything in-between.
Behind the classic Weber enclosed cart design lies a heavy-duty welded tube frame and stainless doors which are truly tough and you can really feel how sturdy this grill is when moving it.
The wheels are also crafted for all weather and terrain, so you will have no issues moving it about.
Lets have a look at the key features in my Weber Genesis 2 LX review below.
Does this grill sound like something you need in your backyard, man cave or outdoor area? Check out the main features and specifications of the Weber Genesis II LX below. This grill is without a doubt my top pick for best grills under 1500 dollars, and maybe even the worlds best grill.
Specifications of the Weber Genesis II LX E-340
- Dimensions (lid closed): 48 x 59 x 25 inches
- Dimensions (lid open): 63 x 59 x 33 inches
- Primary Grilling Space: 513 square inches
- Warming Rack Space: 156 square inches
- Total Cooking Area: 669 square inches
- Main Burner BTU Output: 43,500
- Side Burner BTU Output: 12,000
- Tank Capacity: 20lb. (sold separately)
- Wheels: Yes
- Warranty: Weber limited 10 year warranty
- Ignition: Automatic
Key Features of the Genesis II LX E-340
- GS4 High-Performance Grilling System: 30 years of experience has boiled down to Weber creating a super easy, 4 part system which comes together to create an unmatched grilling experience. It all starts with the Infinity Ignition which is guaranteed to ignite every trigger. This is made possible by an internal switch on each individual knob which ignites the gas. First time. Every time.
Following are the High-performance Burners, these burners are unlike any burners we have seen before. The tapered shape produces a consistent gas flow from the front through to the back ensuring an even temperature across the whole cooking surface.
- Flavorizer Bars: Crafted specifically to catch those delicious drippings which add that incredible smoky flavour to your food. The clever design keeps additional drippings away from the burners and into the Grease management System keeping your grill free of flare-ups.
- Grease Management System: Designed to help remove grease with minimising the risk of flare-ups. The grills additional drippings are funnelled away from the burners into a disposable drip tray. This drip tray is easily removed and located right under the cook box.
- Grill 3 Connectivity: If you like your gadgets the Genesis II LX E-340 has complete compatibility with the Weber iGrill 3 thermometer. This Bluetooth thermometer is one of the best on the market right now and really does make cooking the perfect BBQ a breeze.
- Handle Mounted Grill Light: Cooking at night? No problem, the Genesis II LX E-340 has a powerful LED light coated on the handle. This lights up the entire grill space. It also has an auto shut off feature that is activated when the hood is closed.
- Sold As Propane or Natural Gas: Not too sure if you want to run this beast off propane or natural gas? No worries, the Genesis II LX E-340 comes in both options. Please do note this model cannot be converted from propane to natural gas or vice versa so choose wisely!
- Heavy Duty Wheels: The 4 heavy duty wheels live up to their name, even the 2 smaller, swivel wheels put up with my rugged outdoor area and not so graceful method of moving it around the place. The whole unit, in general, has a very tough and well-made feel, which to be honest is no real surprise from Weber.
- Side Burner: I loved the side burner on this grill, it was perfect to simmer down a gravy and reheat some leftovers while the main event was being cooked on the burners next door. The side burner puts out a 12 000 BTU per hour which is more than enough for a side burner of this size.
Pros and Cons of the Genesis II LX E-340
- Large cook space with additional side burner for sauces, and reheating.
- Sold as a Propane Grill or Natural Gas.
- Grill light with auto shut off feature.
- iGrill 3 compatibility.
- The GS4 high performance grilling system.
- Lighted control knobs.
- Backed by Webers 10 year manufacturers warranty.
- No sear burners.
- This grill doesn’t quite grill as hot as others in Webers range.
Charlies Final thoughts of the Weber Genesis II LX E-340
In my eyes, Weber has once again crafted an amazing grill. It has all the features you need to create wonderful food effortlessly.
With usual Weber perfection, it looks elegant and is built tough with a combination of cast aluminium, enamelled & stainless steel. This is backed up by Webers 10 year manufacturers warranty and always good after-sales service.
The choice to buy either propane or natural gas is a nice option to have, however, I like to have the functionality of being able to move the grill around, so I will always go for the propane option.
Weber has outdone themselves with the Genesis II LX S-340 (61004001), and have produced a very functional grill with every feature imaginable for even the most tech-savvy backyard chefs.
4.5 / 5 Stars
Still Hungry For More?