This recipe is all about having fun. These ingredients work as a fantastic base to build on. Please feel free to take away/add-in or adjust the amounts of these ingredients.
This basic rub recipe has been made to help enhance a spicy & robust flavour when cooking chicken low & slow.
Its a basic recipe using very common household ingredients, that should be found in everyone’s kitchen.
Don’t stress if you don’t have all of these ingredients, try using a similar spice.
Charlies Hot Tip
You might think that chicken rub can solely be used for chicken. Until two years ago I thought the same thing!
I was a little nervous, but the wife and kids absolutely loved it! So if you are smoking a boneless pork loin throw on some of this bad boy. You will be thanking me later!
Smoked Chicken Rub
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ – ½ cup of olive oil optional
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Give a good stir to combine all the ingredients.
- If you want to turn your dry rub into a paste so it sticks to the chicken (great for sings), add in olive oil and mix well until a paste consistency is formed.
- Rub all over your chicken to coat well.
- Set up your smoker as per your manufacturer’s guidelines and smoke chicken until cooked.
Charlies Tasty Tip!
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure you check me out on Youtube for more yummy ones!
This smoked chicken rub is deeeeeeelish!!
Its something that I have used for years and something that I love getting the kids to throw in their own flare with.
Its amazing what you can add in and take away to create very different flavors.
Let me know if you have any similar rubs you love for smoked chicken!