Pitmaster Ree has taken pork tenderloin to the next level. Stuffing it with some deeeeeclious Greek ingredients. Including feta and spinach. and the best bit?
It’s also wrapped in bacon, then smoked on a Traeger!!
It hits all the marks, juicy, crispy, salty, and bursting with a yummy stuffing!
Below you’ll see how to do it yourself, but I doubt anyone will get it looking as good as Ree!
But give it a try, because who knows, you might be the bacon wrapping master!
Step 1: Butterfly and Seaon The Pork Loin
Remove the silver from the tenderloin, then butterfly it. Season the meat on both sides. Set aside.
Step 2: Fry off Stuffing Mixture
In a frying pan, melt butter. Add onion and garlic, sauté till tender, and the onion is translucent. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Turn off heat. Add breadcrumbs, then mix in slowly.
Step 3: Add Stuffing and Roll Your Loin
Add the spinach mixture over tenderloin, add feta, sprinkle Romano or Parmesan over the mixture and roll it up. Place on top of the bacon and wrap.
Step 4: Smoke Your Loin
Smoke at 225°F until an internal temp of 145°F. Ree used a Traeger Pro 22 for this pork loin!
Step 5: Rest and Serve
Remove from smoker and rest at least 20 minutes, then slice.
Smoked Greek Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- smoker or grill
- 1 tenderloin butterflied
- 5 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3/4 to 1 lb of bacon
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Remove the silver from the Tenderloin, then butterfly. Season the meat both sides. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt butter. Add onion and garlic, sauté till tender and onion translucent. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Turn off heat.Add breadcrumbs, mix in slowly. Then allow to cool
- Lay bacon out, side by side, or you can lattice if you like.
- Add spinach mixture over tenderloin, add feta, sprinkle Romano or Parmesan over the mixture and roll it up. Place on top of the bacon and wrap.
- Smoke at 225 until an internal temp of 145. Remove from smoker and rest at least 20 minutes, then slice.
Thanks, Ree for sharing such an EPIC recipe with us! You took some delicious, and top it up 5 notches! We can’t wait to see what you create next!
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi, I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking, and getting out in the yard with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork, smoky pork loin, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?
I used my Treager Pro 22 this time.