Smoked cream cheese on a Pit Boss is an EPIC way to spice up your game day snacks, barbeque appetizers, tailgating or a cheese platter It’s amazing what a bit of smoke can do!
Smoking cheese on a Pit Boss is an incredibly easy cooking process. But beware – it’s very addictive and will have you coming back for more!
Table of contents
Ingredients for Smoked Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese block
- Olive Oil
- Choice of flavor toppings
- disposable aluminum tray or cast iron skillet
How to Smoke Cheese on A Pit Boss
Pre-heat the pellet grill to medium heat, around 200-250°F for 5-10 minutes and get the smoke rolling. You can use a propane smoker or any smoker that uses wood chips
Place the cream cheese block in the tray, score the cream cheese, and brush with olive oil, coating the entire surface.
Coat with the chosen toppings and place the tray on the smoker rack. Close the grill cover to maintain the smoker cooker temperature.
Smoke the cream cheese for 2 hours, or until the surface has a lovely golden color.
What Type of Cheese Can I Use?
Specifically, this is smoked cheese recipe is for cream cheese, but a huge variety of types of cheese can be smoked. I smoked the following types of cheeses with delicious results! Brie, mozzarella, parmesan, swiss, gouda, and cheddar cheese.
How Long Do You Smoke Cream Cheese
You will want to smoke your cream cheese at 200°F for 2 hours or until it has a golden color.
Which Wood Pellets Work With Cream Cheese?
When starting, it’s much better to choose the delicate flavor of mild wood pellets such as fruit wood, maple and pecan.That way you’ll have a lovely smoky flavor, without overpowering the cheese flavors.
If you prefer a stronger smoke flavors try the bacon-type flavor of hickory and mesquite wood chips.
How to Store Leftover Smoked Cheese Cream
Assuming there are any leftovers to store, it’s best to place them in an airtight container. Once refrigerated, it can last up to four days.Cream cheese isn’t suitable for freezing, so make it in small batches to consume.
Looking for More Cheese Recipes?
Topping and Seasoning Ideas for Smoked Cheese Cream
The different flavor combinations is unlimited when it comes this smoked cream cheese recipe. It’s just a matter of experimenting and finding flavor combinations that you enjoy. Don’t forget you can go for a savory version or dessert.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
Try drizzling with a honey and cinnamon sugar combination, for a sweet rub twist.
Montreal steak seasoning
A barbeque spice rub with barbecue sauce and a dash of bourbon for a bit of southern-style smoked cream cheese.
Fresh chopped chives, chopped green onions, fresh parsley, onion powder, and crushed garlic cloves for a fresh flavor.
Pit Boss Smoked Cream Cheese
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp seasoning of your choice
- Preheat your pellet grill to 200-250° for 5 to 10 minutes and get the smoke rolling
- Place the cream cheese onto the aluminum tray, cut the cheese in a criss cross pattern then brush with the oil and rub your seasoning of choice into the cheese.
- Place the tray on the smoker rack, close the lid of the smoker and let it smoke for 2 hours
- Once the cheese ahs been smoked allow it too cool for 5 minutes. Then top if your toppings such as honey, grilled fruit, and serve with crackers, vegetables or bagels.
Hi, I’m Charlie, I have been meat-smoking and grilling for the past 15 years. I have an array of different smokers, thermometers, and have a love for finding the right wood and charcoal combo My favourite recipes are my EXTRA CRISPY smoked pork belly, juicy pulled pork, smoked brisket, duck poppers, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill).
I loves sharing his tips with beginners, helping them navigate the world of smoking. I find it’s not just about cooking; it’s a quest for that perfect smoky flavor.
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling recipes with you!
You can read more about me on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?
- Ingredients for Smoked Cream Cheese
- How to Smoke Cheese on A Pit Boss
- What Type of Cheese Can I Use?
- How Long Do You Smoke Cream Cheese
- Which Wood Pellets Work With Cream Cheese?
- How to Store Leftover Smoked Cheese Cream
- Looking for More Cheese Recipes?
- Pit Boss Smoked Cream Cheese