You have to try our EPIC Smoked pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich.
It is loaded with gooey mozzarella and strong cheddar!!
The pork butt was smoked on a Weber Kettle and then pulled for afor a cookout.
We had heaps of leftovers, so we decided to make grilled cheeses STUFFED with pulled pork.
See how it is done below
Ingredients Needed for Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Bread – sourdough, white bread, rye – anything works. Even its a little stale, toasting it will bring it back to life!
- Pulled pork – If you don’t have any leftovers, try my smoked pork butt
- Cheese. Art used sharp cheddar and a gooey mozzarella
- Butter. – loooooots of it!
Step 1: Shred Pork Butt With Forks or Bear Claws
If you haven’t shredded your pork butt, grab two forks or bear claws and shred it
Step 2: Butter Bread
Butter and sides of the bread. Heat your skillet or grill over low to medium heat.
Step 3: Place Bread in Skillet
Place one slice of bread in the skillet, add sharp cheddar, and pulled pork
Step 4: Place Other Side in Skillet
Place another piece of bread in the skillet and add the mozzarella on top.
Step 5: Combine and Grill
Combine and grill for another 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Tips for Making an EPIC Grilled Cheese
- You can’t have enough cheese:
No matter much cheese you think you might use, double it! You’ll never regret it!
- The same goes for the butter:
The more butter the better! It will give your bread the delicious toasty flavor, just make sure you even spread it.
- Try it on the Grill:
If you have a grill handy, make a batch of these sandwiches on it. They freeze well or always are a hit at a party. Plus using a grill makes it easier to cook up a big batch
What of Meat Do I Use For Pulled Pork?
Pork butt (otherwise known as pork shoulder) or pork loin is the best cut to use for pulled pork.
It has a lot of connective tissue, that when cooked low and slow melts and make the meat SUPER juicy!
Plus that makes it easy to pull.
Don’t Have Weber?
See how I smoke pork for pulled pork on my other smokers/grill below
Pulled pork on a Pit Boss
What Kind of Bread for Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese?
Any bread is good for toasted cheese sandwiches.
We have tried rye, white, sourdough even pumpkinickle. Even if you have some bread that is almost stale use it, the butter and toasting will revive it!
One that really shines through is ciabatta, it is made with olive oil, so it really crisps up nicely on the heat.
Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 3 cups pulled pork
- .5 cup mozzeralla
- .25 cup grated cheddar
- 4 slices bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- If you haven't shredded your pork butt,, grab two forks or bear claws and shred it
- Heat your skillet or grill over low to medium heat
- Butter and sides of the bread.
- Place one slice of bread in the skillet, add sharp cheddar, and pulled pork
- Place another piece of bread in the skillet and add the mozzarella on top. Allow to grill for 2-3 minutes
- Combine and grill for another 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Take it out of the skillet and enjoy!
Other Favorite Grilled Cheese!
Bacon Mac and Cheese Melt – From Real Food By Dad
Caramelized Butternut, Roasted Garlic + Coconut Butter Grilled Cheese. From How Sweet Eats
Grilled Nutella, Brie, Pear & Fig Sandwich – From Cake n Knife
Thanks for sharing your epic sandwich with us Art! Hopefully, you make another EPIC creation again soon!
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi, I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking, and getting out in the yard with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork, smoky pork loin, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?