Looking for a delicious lamb koftas recipe? Your in the right place!
Burgers can be a dime a dozen. Every cookout has them.
Why not try something different and wow your guests?
Koftas are a Middle Eastern meat patty. They are usually in the shape of a small sausage, on a skewer, and grilled.
Lamb is known to have great marbling which means your koftas are extra juicy with looooots of flavor.
Not only that they are packed filled of herbs and species.
When they cooked you just place a kofta on the pita bread, top with the tangy yogurt, and you are ready to feast!
What You’ll Need for Lamb Koftas
- Lamb. Use ground lamb
- Onion. white or brown onion
- Herbs and Spice; cinnamon, cumin. cayenne pepper, ground corinader, chilli flakes salt, pepper
- Fresh Parsely: you can use dried
- Fresh Mint: you can use dried
- Pita bread or wraps to serve
Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Natural yoghurt
- Lemon juice and zest
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Make Your Kofta Mix
Combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
Step 2: Divide Your Mix and Skewers Your Koftas (Optional)
Divide your mix into 12 small logs, 1inch by 5 inches. You don’t have to put your koftas on skewers ( we don’t in this version). However, if your serving them as a stand-up snack, it can be handy to have them on skewers.
Note: If your using wooden skewers ensure you soak them first so they don’t burn.
Step 3: Make Your Tangy Dipping Sauce
Combine all ingredients for tangy yogurt and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Step 4: Grill Your Lamb Koftas
Using a grill or hibachi, cook for 6 – 8 minutes on high, turning them often. Ensure your BBQ isn’t too hot or you may burn them
Step 5: Serve Your Koftas With Pita
Once the koftas are cooked, remove them from the grill. Serve straight away with fresh pitas and top with the tangy yogurt sauce.
What to Serve With Your Koftas?
Serve in bao buns, see how we did it in our pulled beef in bao buns.
BBQ Lamb Koftas With Tangy Yoghurt Dip
- 1-1.5 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tsp. coriander
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbp chili flakes
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano dried
- 1 bunch fresh parsely
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- .salt to taste
- cracked black pepper
- .25 cup Lemon juice
- 2 cups Natural yogurt
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- .5 cup Cucumber diced
- Combine all the ingredients for the koftas in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Divide your mix into 12 small logs, 1inch by 5 inches. You don’t have to put your koftas on skewers ( we don’t in this version). However, if your serving them as a stand-up snack, it can be handy to have them on skewers.
- Combine all ingredients for tangy yogurt and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using a grill or hibachi, cook for 6 – 8 minutes on high, turning them often. Ensure your BBQ isn’t to hot or you may burn them
I hope you enjoy these lamb koftas! I know me and the kids do!
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi, I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking, and getting out in the yard with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork, smoky pork loin, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?