The Orion Outdoors Company was first founded in 2004.
The innovative grill companies located and based in Atlanta Georgia. But, they have sold their products in more than 2,500 retail locations around America.
The Orion Outdoors Company is a company that caters to the needs of outdoor consumers.
Their key focus is it innovate exciting solutions to outdoor living and cooking.
The Orion Cooker was their first product. Since they have continued to stay true to their core values. This means producing great outdoor and cooking products for consumers nationwide.
Versatility, Flavour & Efficiency
The Orion Cooker is a different take on the everyday grill.
It’s made completely out of stainless steel. It comes with a variety of features aimed at creating a good hassle free experience for the user.
Features like the poultry stand and the 3 rib hangers are great additions that make it a versatile unit.
The Orion Cooker cooks with both smoke and steam. Which produces delicious and tender food full of flavor. The convection heat reduces the needed cooking time and allows the meat to cook even.
Throughout this review, I will go over all the aspects of the Orion Cooker. The good, the bad and even the ugly.
I hope that I can help you can decide for yourself if this is the right unit for you and your grilling needs.
At the end of the day, you are spending a decent amount of money and need to make the right decision.
This Orion Cooker review should help you decide if it is right for you.
Specifications of The Orion Cooker
- Rib Hangers: 3
- Cooking Grates: 3
- Ash Removal Tray: Stainless Steel
- Poultry Stand and Lifting Handle: 1
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Drip Pan: Yes
- Cooking Fuel: Charcoal
Key Features of The Orion Cooker
- Stainless Steel: The Orion Cooker is 100% stainless steel. This allows not only for excellent durability and cleanliness. It also makes for a sleek and sophisticated style.
- Short Cooking Times: The Orion Cooker will shorten the cooking times for your meat. This is great for get-togethers where you would prefer to be spending time eating and laughing. Not watching over the food. Generally speaking, a whole turkey of about 12 pounds should take about 1 hour and 24 minutes to cook. A 6 pack of baby back ribs should take about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Finally, a brisket that is approximately 9 pounds should take about 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- Included Accessories: Along with your Orion Cooker you will receive lots of accessories. Including a poultry stand and lifting handle, 3 cooking grates, 3 rib hangers, and the Orion cookbook. These allow you to transform your grill to cook a variety of meals and meats with no problem. The cookbook comes in handy when you want to try something new to impress the whole family.
- Indirect Heat: The Orion Cooker uses indirect heat to cook your meals. It cooks with steam and smoke, which gives all your food a smoky flavor. It’s convection heating also allows for quicker cooking times. Best of all, the indirect heat cooking your food allows for even cooking every time.
Ease of Setup
Setting up this particular grill is simple. You get an in-depth instruction manual with easy to follow instructions.
After filling the place around the bottom with charcoal, place the centre piece inside. Then you are all set to start cooking.
Keep in mind: It’s important to make sure that you have all the components in the correct place before igniting.
If you have any problems or issues setting up the Orion Cooker you have a couple of options.
There are a variety of videos online that can take you through the process step by step. You also have the Orion customer service line.
Ease of Use
When it comes to a grill, how easy it is to use is a pretty big factor.
While an easy to use grill makes the entire process easy, sometimes a little bit of difficulty is worth it for outstanding results.
The Orion Cooker seems to have earned a bit of a reputation of being a little hard to light. That is if you don’t have self-lighting charcoal.
Other than that, using the Orion Cooker is a breeze. From setting it up to keeping an eye on whats cooking.
You’re able to cook your food in a fraction of the time. With the bonus of achieving amazing flavor while letting your grill do most of the work for you.
The Orion Cooker is definitely a unique take on the everyday grill.
Is the Orion Cooker durable? Yes. The Orion Cookers made of stainless steel all the way throughout.
This means that it can handle everyday use and normal wear and tear without falling apart of you.
It doesn’t hurt that the stainless steel adds a bit of style to your outdoor festivities either.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The cleaning and maintenance of the Orion Cooker is like most grills.
You can clean it with soap and warm water while using a washcloth. Any soap will do, so long as it cleans.
A soft wire brush can clean the components of the grill. Including the grates, poultry stand, lift handle and rib hangers.
You can also take the components inside and let them soak in the sink and wash them along with dishes.
Value For Money
With any product on the market, a big question is whether you are getting the bang for your buck.
Generally, a once over doesn’t give you enough information to know what you’re getting.
So far we’ve seen that it has plenty of features good user-friendly features all wrapped up in a very sturdy unit
You also have the benefit of durability, as the Orion Cooker is 100% stainless steel. Thus it can handle everyday use like a champ.
So, the conclusion? Yes, you definitely get your money’s worth out of the Orion Cooker.
Orion Outdoors Warranty
Pros and Cons of The Orion Cooker
Orion Cooker Pros
- Poultry stand
Orion Cooker Cons
- Large fuel usage
- Can be difficult to light
Charlies Rating and Final Thoughts on The Orion Cooker
The Orion Cooker seems to be a pretty great grill for any grill enthusiast.
It has quite a few features that allow you to cook with versatility that most grills don’t allow for.
The poultry stand allows you to cook an entire turkey or chicken without any problem or hassle.
Getting it started has been an issue for some customers. That seems to be one of the few downsides of this unique grill.
It uses a larger intake of charcoal than other charcoal cookers. But on the flip side, it cooks meat even and consistent, compared to other similar units on the market.
With this grill, you get a variety of features and even cooking for a price that seems a bit unreal, and it’s a great deal! You get a worry-free grill that produces tender, juicy meat every time you use it and cooking time is a snap.
The Orion Cooker is also stainless steel. It makes the grill even more durable and able to handle everyday bumps. With the bonus of also adding a sleek sophisticated style to your outdoor affairs.
If you like outdoor cooking, smoky flavor, short cooking times, and a bit of style, this is a great grill for you.