Post updated on January 20th, 2020 at 11:21 am
There is nothing more satisfying than rolling up your sleeves and diving into a plateful of some delicious chicken wings. Except maybe diving into that same plateful of chicken wings covered in your homemade honey BBQ sauce.
Honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicy, a little bit tangy and just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, or even just as a dipping sauce for your sides.
What I like most about this honey BBQ sauce recipe is that it can be made from everyday ingredients found in your cupboard.
I encourage you to use this honey barbecue sauce recipe as a base to developing your own BBQ sauce!
Honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicy, a little bit tangy and just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, or even just as a dipping sauce for your sides
How To Make Honey BBQ Sauce
Home Made Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups ketchup
- In a medium-sized saucepan add all the ingredients except the honey. Start with the wet ingredients and finish with the sugar, onion powder and pepper.
- Slowly bring to the boil while whisking.
- Once all the ingredients have been whisked together reduce the heat down to a simmer and add in the honey. ( Feel free to add more or less honey depending on your taste preference).
- Simmer for 45 minutes uncovered. Stir frequently to avoid the sauce from sticking. Keep on the heat until the sauce has reached the consistency that you prefer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving. If you are storing the sauce, store in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Personally, I like to store this sauce for a couple of days before using it. It has a more in-depth flavour!