There is nothing more satisfying than rolling up your sleeves and diving into a plateful of some delicious chicken wings. Except maybe diving into that same plateful of chicken wings covered in your homemade honey BBQ sauce.
Honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicey, a little bit tangy and just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, or even just as a dipping sauce for your sides.
What I like most about this honey BBQ sauce recipe is that it can be made from everyday ingredients found in your cupboard. Perfect for those afternoons where you (or the kids) need that sweet BBQ fix.
I encourage you to use this honey barbecue sauce recipe as a base to developing your own BBQ sauce!
" Honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicey, a little bit tangy and just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, or even just as a dipping sauce for your sides "
Home Made Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups ketchup
- In a medium-sized saucepan add all the ingredients except the honey. Start with the wet ingredients and finish with the sugar, onion powder and pepper.
- Slowly bring to the boil while whisking.
- Once all the ingredients have been whisked together reduce the heat down to a simmer and add in the honey. ( Feel free to add more or less honey depending on your taste preference).
- Simmer for 45 minutes uncovered. Stir frequently to avoid the sauce from sticking. Keep on the heat until the sauce has reached the consistency that you prefer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving. If you are storing the sauce, store in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Personally, I like to store this sauce for a couple of days before using it. It has a more in-depth flavour!