There is nothing more satisfying than diving into a plateful of delicious chicken wings.
Except for maybe that same plateful of wings covered in your homemade honey BBQ sauce.
This honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicy, a little bit tangy.
It is just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, or one of my favorite smoked whole pork loin recipes.
What I like most about this honey BBQ sauce recipe is that it can be made from everyday ingredients found in your cupboard.
Use this honey barbecue sauce recipe as a base for developing your own BBQ sauce!
What to Use Honey BBQ Sauce On
Honey BBQ sauce is sweet, spicy, a little bit tangy, and just perfect for chicken wings, ribs, pulled beef bao buns, or even just as a dipping sauce for your sides
If you want to take this sauce to the next level you can try cold smoking your honey at home. This will add a declious smoky flavor to your sauce.
Is Your BBQ Sauce to Runny?
Has your BBQ sauce ended up too thin? Don’t worry I have 8 methods that will help thicken your BBQ sauce. Everyone will love your BBQ sauce
How To Make Honey BBQ Sauce
Below are our 6 simple steps to making honey BBQ sauce at home! No more shop-brought stuff here!
Home Made Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups ketchup
- In a medium-sized saucepan add all the ingredients except the honey. Start with the wet ingredients and finish with the sugar, onion powder and pepper.
- Slowly bring to the boil while whisking.
- Once all the ingredients have been whisked together reduce the heat down to a simmer and add in the honey. ( Feel free to add more or less honey depending on your taste preference).
- Simmer for 45 minutes uncovered. Stir frequently to avoid the sauce from sticking. Keep on the heat until the sauce has reached the consistency that you prefer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving. If you are storing the sauce, store in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Personally, I like to store this sauce for a couple of days before using it. It has a more in-depth flavour!
Author: Charlie Reeves
Hi, I’m Charlie, I am head taste tester at Simply Meat Smoking! I love it grilling, smoking, and getting out in the yard with the kids! The family also love to test all my recipes (especially my EXTRA CRISPY pulled pork, smoky pork loin, and ANY SEAFOOD I grill)
You will usually find me playing with the kids, perfecting my brisket bark, or sipping beers with boys around the fire. Can’t wait to share all my delicious smoking and grilling adventures with you!
You can read more on our About Us page.
Hungry For More?