We were over the moon about trying the brand new Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill. This is the biggest smoker produced by Camp Chef. We found it had been loaded with features that make the entire smoking process much more convenient for us. We were not disappointed, it produced the most succulent and juicy BBQ flavors.
The smart digital chip eliminated the large temperature variation we have seen in other units. It was able to maintain a steady temperature and had really strong smoke production. We didn’t have to worry about temperature fluctuation ruining our BBQ here!
The extra-wide grilling area was perfect for when I had to cook for a graduation party. We found you could fit enough food on here to feed 20 hungry adults & kids! We once smoked eight full pork butts on it with room to spare.
At long last is the grill and smoker you have been searching for? Find out in this Camp Chef Smoke Pro review. We will let you know what liked and didn’t like as well as the build quality as well as cleaning and maintenance requirements.
Camp Chef SmokePro Lux Pellet Grill Review
Cooking for a crowed can be nerve-wrecking. But not with the Camp Chef SmokePro LUX. It takes the guesswork out of cooking a large amount of food. It has a large hopper so you can just ‘set & forget’ while you entertain your guests.
Whats In The Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill Box?
- 1 x Pellet Grill
- 1 x Warming Rack
- 1 x Grease cup
- 1 x Side Shelf
- 1 x Meat Probe
- 1 x Recipe Pamphlet
Key Features of the Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill
- Smart Smoke Tech: The Camp Chef Smoke Pro Lux has an automatic auger and built-in fan. This reliably produces even heat and smoke distribution for oven cooking. This makes the meat succulent and juicer and tastier.
- High level of Accuracy on the Dual LCD temperature: The Camp Chef Smoke Pro Lux has an LCD digital temperature which we found really easy to use. We found the reading always within 5 degrees of the actual temperature. We also like you can toggle between 160º F to 500º F for slow smoking to grilling. The LCD screen also allows you to set and forget your meat. If you don’t like tending to your BBQ all day this is a handy feature for you.
- Auto-start Ignition: Starting this grill couldn’t be easier. It has an auto-start ignition and it started the first time every time we used it.
- Automatic Auger for Consistent Heat Management: This smoker has an automatic auger system. This means you no longer to stand around loading the smoker with pellets. The auger is operated by the digital control unit where you set the temperature. When the system deems it needs more heat, the auto auger efficiently releases more pellets. The powerful fan and auto-ignition system create the right amount of smoke and heat inside the cooking chamber.
- Large Capacity Pellet Hopper: The size of the hopper is the largest made by Camp Chef. Having a large hopper means you can fill it and it will hold enough fuel to cook for hours and hours.
- Easy Ash Cleanout System: When you use pellets as your fuel you produce ash. This unit has a super intelligent way of disposing of it. After your grill is cool, simply pull a lever on the side and all of the leftover ash falls into the cup where you can easily discard of it. This means you don’t have to vacuum out your fire pot after every use like other pellet grills.
- Grease Management System: This is an easy solution to a tough problem, oil and grease are the unavoidable results of smoking and grilling. They can make it a hard job to clean a smoker, but this unit had a smart design which directs all the grease and drippings into an external catchment.
Ease of Use
We found that this unit was super simple to get assembled and get started with. The Smoke Pro Lux Pellet Grill comes with a detailed manual can be easily followed. The electronic LCD control helps immensely with ensuring a top quality cook each time. The probes for temperature measurement eliminate the need for having an additional device for monitoring.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Keeping up with your cleaning and maintenance on your grill/ smoker is vital. We found the ingenious designs features of the Camp Chef Pro made it unbelievably easy to keep on top of the cleaning. We find that there is often two types of debris to deal with when cleaning your smoker.
- The First is Pellet Ash. Camp Chef has a crafty design which provided us with a simple way to empty the ash. All you need to do is pull on a small knob and a small trap door releases the ash into a bin to be emptied.
- The Second Includes Oil and Grease.
The way the Camp Chef SmokePro SE is designed in a way that allows all the oil and grease drain out of the machine into an outside grease tray
Value For Money
This product offers top quality features worth every dollar that you pay. It is a strong and sturdy unit that will last you year and years! Taking into account the overall performance and build quality, I would definitely say yes you do get value for money with the Camp Chef SmokePro Lux. It is not a cheap unit by any stretch of the imagination, but you get what you pay for.
With the correct care, cleaning & storage I believe this unit will be in your family for many years to come.
Camp Chef Warranty Details
You receive a 3-year warranty from purchase date with the Camp Chef Smoke Pro Lux Pellet. Camp Chef product comes with a No-Hassle Warranty. What does that mean? They guarantee our products to be free from defect in all materials and workmanship.
Note: That excludes the paint and finish.
A Word From Camp Chef
Pros and Cons of the Camp Chef Smokepro LUX
Smokepro SE Pros
- LCD screen, that allows for the set and forget feature.
- Comes with strong and sturdy wheels which allows for you to move it with ease.
- Slow smoking so your barbecue can cook evenly and attain the desired flavor.
- Immerse cooking area of over 875 square inches.
- Simple maintenance and cleaning.
- Needs a lot of electric power to start however it incrementally reduces over the cook.
If you like cooking for a crowd and want to take the guesswork out of your cooking, the Camp Chef SmokePro LUX should be your first pick. The unit operates perfectly without any swings in the temperature, which can be a hard feature to find on bigger smokers.
The patented cleaning system makes cleaning an absolute breeze. I would highly recommend this pellet smoker for anyone who loves reliability, consistency and delicious food!
4.4 / 5 Stars
Frequently Asked Questions on the Camp Chef Smokepro LUX
Q: Can you install a rotisserie?
A: There isn’t anywhere to mount hardware on it.
Q: Will it sear?
A: No, it doesn’t, you will need to purchase the separate attachment for that
Q:Does the Camp Chef sear box attach to the Smokepro Lux?
A:Yes it will
Q: What is the height of the cooking area, from the grill to lid?
A: It is about 9 7/8″. You can easily fit two 12 pound turkeys without any issues.
Q: What is the total width and depth is
A: It is 62″ wide 32″ deep.
The Camp Chef Sear Box
Many of you out there may not know what the Camp Chef Sear Box is, so i’ll let you in on a little secret.It is an additional add on that you can buy for your Camp chef smoker to ensure that you can achieve the best of both worlds. Smoking & searing. It really does turn your pellet smoker into a versatile all round machine
This little sear box attaches in place of the side shelf, although it takes up shelf space I am happy to oversee that because of the benefit of searing a steak or cooking burgers easily.
The Camp Chef Sear Box Specifications
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 16 inches
- Total Cooking Area: 184 sq inches
- Weight: 34 lbs
- BTU Output: 16,000 BTU
- Max Temperature: 900 degrees fahrenheit
- Construction: Stainless steel
How To Assemble A Camp Chef Sear Box
Still Hungry for More?