The Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is a pretty great grill for tailgating, get togethers and small trips. It is a very portable grill that you can take away on solo camping trips. Or if you are more of a social kind, take it to the next tailgate and show off your latest grill creations while enjoying yourself amongst friends. Don’t worry if it breaks while you are out and about, It comes with a great warranty.
There are multiple different grates that you can interchange for your grilling needs, interchanging them is simple and easy to do at any time. This grill is very versatile and easy to use. The porcelain coating on the grates makes them easy to clean and eliminates the hassle, while the matchless ignition makes lighting the grill that much simpler.
All in all this grill is easy all around and frees up time for you to enjoy with those around you.
About Coleman Grills
The Coleman company was started by W.C. Coleman who saw a light in the darkness, quite literally.
As a young man, he had decided to take a stroll after a hard day of work where he sold typewriters, on that stroll he saw the light, to more specific he saw a flame that was fueled by gasoline it was the era’s standard lamp. W.C. Coleman was instantly caught by the steady light which enabled even him, with his poor eyesight, to read both small print books and medicine bottles.
With the potential that he saw in the light, he saw a vision for a company that would bring the world into a new light, which eventually came to be synonymous with fun and the outdoors. Now the Coleman name is on just about anything that you can find that has to do with the outdoors, from camping tents and sleeping bags to grills.
Coleman is a trusted name that has been around for quite some time, and over the course of that time, they’ve gathered quite the fan base for their products and company.
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Grill Review
The Perfect Gas Grill To Take on The Road With You
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Specifications
- Dimensions: 33.8 x 13.5 x 19.1 inches
- Weight Without Stand: 24 pounds
- Weight With Stand: 41 pounds
- Fuel: Propane Gas
- Main Burners: 2
- BTU: 20,000
- Heat Flux: 70.18
- Primary Capacity: 285 square inches
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Key Features
- Easily Portable: The Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is easily portable, it folds up small and compact without hassle. It’s perfect for small adventures with friends or solo trips, and it’s also great for small get togethers with family and friends.
- Interchangeable Cooktops: This model comes with swap top interchangeable cooktops that swap out your grill grates for griddle or stove grates. This is especially great when you want to cook a fully rounded meal all at one on your grill. Simple choose the grates that you will need for your meal and swap them to suit your needs any time.
- Matchless Ignition: The matchless ignition is by far one of the best features of any grill in the market today. It eliminates the time consuming struggles that come along with grills that don’t have a matchless ignition. Which gives you a little more time to get your food ready or simply enjoy yourself with your friends and family during your cookout or get together.
- Easy to Clean: Cleaning is always a chore that everyone is more than happy to pass onto the next person. Luckily this grill is simple and easy to clean thanks to the porcelain coated grates that allow for quick and easy clean up. Simply wipe the grates clean with a washcloth and normal soap. No more struggling to clean the grates or trying to burn off the built on grease and gunk.
Ease of Setup
Set up of the Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is pretty easy. One of the best features about it is the fold-up and easy-roll design of it. It takes just a second to pull up and lighting it is simple. There is a matchless ignition and a PerfectFlow control system that allows you to start cooking immediately.
The grill has built-in knobs on it that control the flame easily and efficiently. Even for those who are not yet a grill master, you will find that it is an easy unit to set up and get going for the first time. Exactly what you need when tailgating or out in the woods.
Ease of Use
The Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is a straightforward and easy grill to use. Not only is it very easily portable and easy to set up, using it is a breeze. The matchless ignition makes igniting it simple and a lot less time consuming than those without the feature. You also get an attached stove burner with this grill that is simple to attach and use.
Anyone that is familiar with the Coleman name and their products knows how simple they are to use and that includes the Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE.
Being an easy fold-up grill the Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is not quite as durable as some of the other Coleman grills. That being said the easily transportable grill does hold up pretty well when you consider what it is and how often it gets knocked around.
It handles everyday bumps and knocks with ease. You will have no problems if you take it away in the RV or pickup for the weekend.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Thanks to the stainless steel finish it is really easy to keep the entire grill clean. The slide-out grease tray allows you to keep in inside of the grill clean without too much effort. After cooking its as simple as removing the tray, discarding the leftover grease and wiping clean.
Once the grill has cooled simply use a grill brush to clean the grates and a little bit of elbow grease and soapy water on the stainless. Because of the stainless steel finish be careful not to use steel wool or any other tough cleaning pads, they will scratch the finish and damage your grill.
The warranty on the Coleman Roadtrip Grill LXE is a 3 year limited warranty that covers both the workmanship and any possible defects of the Roadtrip Grill. Of course, you will need to keep your receipt handy and the warranty is provided with their discretion. For more information please take a closer look at the warranty.
Value For Money
With the Roadtrip Grill LXE, just like with any other grill on the market, you have to wonder if you are getting your money’s worth. We all know that questions like that have a more opinionated answer and mine would be yes. Simply put the Roadtrip Grill LXE is great. It is easily portable and great for small adventures.
It folds up easily and pop’s back up with the same ease. It’s durable enough that it travels well and doesn’t completely empty your wallet coming in at slightly under $200.
Pros and Cons of the Coleman Roadtrip
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Matchless ignition; Includes side table and utensils
- Year limited warranty
- No built-in thermometer
- Not great for small quick trips
Charlies Rating and Final Thoughts of the Coleman Roadtrip
The Coleman Roadtrip is a pretty great value for a small price, it definitely seems to be worth it. It’s easily portable and one of the absolute best things about it is that it is so easy to clean! The porcelain covered grill grates make cleaning it a breeze and frees up more time for you to enjoy.
The matchless ignition is also a pretty great perk that also frees up time. This grill is pretty durable for what it is and handles everyday wear and tear like a boss, it’s great for outdoor grilling with a few friends and family or for a small getaway. It’s also great for a solo trip where you want to get away, unwind, and still eat good food.
One of the only real downsides I’ve found with this grill is that it does not have a built in thermometer, but to be honest, since you should be using a meat thermometer to check the temperature of your food, it really doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me. All in all, it is a great grill with plenty of features at a great price.
Overall Rating: 4.6 / 5