The Weber Genesis E-330 was discontinued some time ago.
The good news is you can still find it around the place. Even better news however, is it was been replace with the Weber Genesis II and Weber Genesis II LX.
The Weber Genesis E-330 is one of the most popular grills in the world, appearing in backyards everywhere. We are no exception, we have one as well and bloody love it!
Weber Gas Grills are simply the gold standard. We find them to be designed intelligently, built to last, start perfectly, and pretty much never break down!
Weber-Stephen is one of the oldest and most respected manufacturers of BBQ equipment and accessories in the world.
We love their reputation for quality, durability and outstanding customer service and support.
Don’t forget Weber grills come with a 10 year warranty!
Weber Genesis E-330 Review
Like all Genesis models, the E-330 has three stainless steel burners that line up from left to right. The burners are controlled by the control knobs on the front panel.
You get a 12,000 BTU side burner, and a 10,000 BTU internally mounted sear burner.
The Weber E-330 is one of the worlds most popular gas smoker grills for a reason. It is compact, good looking and very user friendly. You can also choose between natural gas or propane.
You all know how much I love Weber and stand by their build quality. The Genesis E-330 is no different. Check out below what I like about it in my Weber Genesis E-330 review below.
Specifications of the Weber Genesis E-330
- Dimensions (Lid Open): 63 x 52 x 32 inches.
- Dimensions (Lid Closed): 45 x 52 x 24 inches.
- Primary Cooking Area: 24 x 18 inches – 507 square inches.
- Warming Rack: 130 square inches.
- Total Cooking Space: 637 square inches.
- Weight: 116 lbs.
- Wheels: Yes.
- BTU Rating: 38,000 BTU per hour.
- Burners: 3 12,000 BTU stainless tubular burners.
Key Features of the Weber Genesis E-330
- Efficient and Durable Cooking Box: The cook box is made of cast aluminum. Due to the use of such high quality material you get a unit that quickly comes to temperature and can maintain that temperature really well. Because of the durable construction it is a grill that doesn’t require much maintenance. A great unit to throw a pizza stone in and cook a pizza or sear a steak on.
- Cooking Fuel Versatility: The Weber Genesis E-330 allows you to choose between propane or natural gas. This means you aren’t stuck using one type of fuel. You can take advantage of cheap natural gas and never have to worry about running out of gas again. Otherwise, you have the option to make the unit portable and move it around or yard or deck with propane gas tank. We also liked that it came 10-foot flexible hose for the natural gas connection.
- Fuel Gauge and Built-In Thermometers: The Weber Genesis E-330 has a fuel gauge which gives you insight into how much fuel is left and whether you need to run down the gas station for more. We found that the built-in temperature monitor was accurate and allowed us to keep track of the temperature inside of the main cooking chamber.
- Flavorizer Bars: Something that is unique to Weber Genesis grills is the flavorizer bars. These bars are made to catch grease from your meat and evaporate it for added flavor. The bars also safety redirect the unused grease which can prevent flare-ups.
- Maximum Heat with Maximum Grill Space: The Weber Genesis EP-330 has 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches, which is huge. We can easily cook for 6 -10 people easily without crowding the grill surface.
- Easy To Move Around: With Front Locking and Back Locking Wheels we were able to move the grill around and change cooking place frequently with ease. The unit has high-quality front and rear wheels that swivel will keep it stable at any place. Once you lock the wheels this unit will not move at all!
Ease of Use
A stand out quality of the Weber Genesis 330 is the simplicity.
The knobs are situated at the front in the perfect place. The push ignition starter works first time every time.
All you need to do to turn it on is turn the gas knobs and push a button. The indicators are highly accurate and readable, which allows managing the right temperature conveniently.
With compatibility with natural gas, you can get rid of the hassle of replacing the propane gas tank as well.
If you are connecting to a natural gas source ALWAYS consult a professional.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning and maintaining and the Weber Genesis EP-330 gas grill is simple, easy and straightforward.
All that the burner tubes need is a gentle brushing using any regular stainless-steel brush and the cooking grates are extremely easy to clean.
We also clean the flavorizer with a stainless-steel brush while the catch pan and grease tray can be simply removed, emptied and wiped.
When you keep on top of keeping your unit clean you only really need to do a thorough clean and maintenance once a year (brilliant, I know).
Weber Warranty Details
A breakdown of the warranties offered for the Weber Genesis E-330.
- Burner Tubes (stainless steel): 10 years
- Cook Box And The Lid Assembly: 10 years, with 2 years on the paint excluding any discolouration or fading.
- Cooking Grates And Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars: 5 years
- Cast Iron Cooking Grates with Porcelain
- Enamelled: 5 years
- All Other Parts: 2 years
No burn or rust will be accepted for warranty.
Pros and Cons of the Genesis E-330
- Sturdy and solid construction of durable parts.
- The sear burner delivers extremely high-temperature capability.
- Enormous cooking area.
- Precise heat management.
- Simple to use and maintain.
- It can take 1 – 2 hours to assemble due to the number of steps.
- It can be a hassle to ensure you always have propane gas in your tank.
My Rating and Thoughts of the Weber Genesis E330 Gas Grill
Without a doubt, the Weber Genesis E330 is one of the highest quality grills on the market.
It may not be the cheapest 3 burner grill on the market. But it certainly is worth the slightly under $900 it is currently selling for.
Aside from the peace of mind you get for owning a grill from the most trusted manufacturer around. You know you’re getting a long lasting, highly durable grill that also comes with the 10-year warranty.
When is the last time you got a 10 year warranty?!
The Weber Genesis E-330 is one of the most well built and efficient gas grills on the market. For the price, we believe that you won’t get a grill with features and quality.
So to put it simply: I feel the Weber Genesis is more of an investment than a purchase and one that will keep your family eating great BBQ for many years to come.
If you are a first time home owner looking for a grill to out live your first house, the Genesis E-330 is the one!
4.6 / 5 Stars
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the side burner only install on the left, or can it swap over to the right side?
A: Due to the gas line being on the left side, it can only be connected on that side.
Q: Is the searing station worth it?
A: We found that it depends on how often you use your Weber. We found that it adds flavor to the meat by helping to hold the juices.
Q: Does the Weber Genesis have tool hangers?
A: This model does have has tool hangers on the outside of the side shelf, which we find very handy.
Q: Is this grill hard to assemble?
A: Even the most absolute beginner won’t have any trouble setting up this grill. You have instructions in the box however you can also download the Weber Genesis E-330 manual from Weber.
Frequently Asked Questions