We live in a world where housing is becoming smaller and smaller. Unfortunately for a lot of people out there, this means that they are missing out on having space for a decent sized grill (if any at all).
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is a very small and simple 3 burner grill that has all the basic features you need to have a good time, in limited space.
It is a grill that has all the basics found in larger models, it has fold down tables so you can store it away without taking up to much space at all. It is the perfect first grill for those of you out there who are limited with space.
Let’s check out the features of the Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D.
The Best ‘Full Size’ Grill For Small Spaces
Spec of The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D
- Weight: 76 pounds
Dimensions: 9 X 23 X 45 Inches
- Primary Cooking Space: 390 Inches Square
- Total Cooking Space: 507 Inches Square
- Fuel Type: Gas
- Grates: Cast Iron
- Ignition: Electric ignition
- BTU Rating: 36,000
- Additional Cooking Racks: 1
- Fold Down Side Tables: The fold-down side tables are a welcomed feature on this grill for those of you who don’t have a lot of space in your apartment or apartment balcony. The tables are very sturdy and can safely hold 25 lbs each. Each table also comes with hooks to hang cooking tools and accessories from.
- Thermometer: The built-in stainless thermometer gives an accurate reading and is super easy to read.
- 36,000 BTU Main Burners: The burners provide a grill this size with plenty of heat. This grill maintains a constant high heat for hours on end, making it perfect or searing, grilling, or even smoking and low and slow cooking.
- Porcelain-Coated Cast Iron Grates: The cast iron grates are a breeze to clean, thanks to the porcelain coating. The grill grates hold in a lot of heat and give a good sear on steak, chicken wings, and ribs.
- Electronic Ignition: The Easy push-button electronic pulse ignition system starts with ease every time. Each burner has its own push start.
- Removable Tray: Under the burners is home to the removable catch tray and cup. This makes for very easy cleaning and helps keep the internal of your grill clean.
- Steel Construction: The Stainless steel and enamel and stainless steel construction are solid, you won’t have any trouble with the quality of this unit. In true Dyna-Glo style, it is stylish, sleek and sturdy.
- Cover: Included with this little beauty is a cover, this is a fantastic feature that is really good for those of you who store your grill outside. Together with good general maintenance & cleaning A cover will prolong the lifespan of your grill substantially.
- Choose From Propane or Natural Gas: Having the option to go with propane or natural gas is really good. Natural gas is a fantastic option if you have somewhere where you want to place your grill long term and have the accessibility to setting up a gas main. One perk of natural gas is that you don’t have to change propane bottles. Propane is a better option for people who will be moving their grill around, and that doesn’t have access to hook up to the gas main, such as apartments and smaller shared inner-city units.
- Cooking Space: For a small unit there is a surprising amount of cooking space. You get a primary grilling space of 290 square inches and an additional 117 square inches of secondary grilling space. This will not feed everyone in your family in one go, but for a little unit that will fit almost anywhere, this is more than enough cooking space to feed your family.
Ease of Setup
Right form delivery the Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is a breeze. It is small enough that one regular size male can move it (with a little bit of an effort).
Assembly could not be easier, it is a very simple unit to assemble and even without using the instructions only takes a short while to get everything in place.
For me, the ignition started all 3 burners first try and every use from then on in. It is a very easy to use unit when cooking everything from steak to chicken wings and ribs.
Cleaning and Maintenance
While this grill does seem to have very durable wheels, it’s been decided among some that the three legged design might be somewhat of a hindrance to the durability of the grill.
That being said this grill does stand up to everyday wear and tear, it also has a rust resistant aluminum damper that is especially handy when it comes to wetter weather.
The two glass reinforced nylon handles add a bit more durability when it comes to mobility.
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D burner has a 5 year manufacturers warranty and the units parts are under manufacturers warranty for 1 year from purchase date.
If you have anything to raise the Dyna-Glo customer services team is always happy to help through phone or email.
Do You Get Value For Money?
If you are struggling for space, the Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is a very good, cheap option to get grilling.
This unit has all the essentials you need to cook for a small group of friends on an inner city balcony or shared unit.
I don’t think you will find another unit that is built for this purpose at such a reasonable price.
Pros and Cons
What I Liked
- Perfect size for decks, balconies or backyards with limited space
- Fold down side tables
- Classic design
- Easy start electric ignition
- Value for money
What I Did'nt Like
- The removable catch cup and the tray has been known to rust in relatively short periods of time.
My Rating and Final thoughts on the Weber Original Kettle 22” Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for a grill that has no fancy bells and whistles but gets the job done in almost any available space, then the Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is for you. It is easily assembled by one person and is one of the simplest to put together.
This unit will not feed everybody you know in one sitting, however, that is not what this unit is designed for. It is designed to be a basic unit offering exactly what you need to cook delicious food in limited space.
I would recommend this unit for anyone who would love a grill at their house but simply does not have space. You will fit this unit on almost any deck, balcony or courtyard around the country.
4.4 / 5 Stars