The Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D is a grill constructed for serious BBQ-ers to create some serious food.
It is jammed full of features but is not overrun by unnecessary add-ons that are going to get in the way or never get used. That is unless you hate drinking a beer while you are grilling.
This grill offers two large separate cooking spaces which are divided by a wall. This is perfect for when you are cooking smaller meals for just you and the family, if you have two different kinds of meals cooking, or have the whole team over for a backyard session on the weekend. You can easily slow cook a couple of brisket while cooking up some burgers or chicken wings as an entree.
Why else do I love the Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Dual Zone Premium charcoal grill? Find out in my review below.
The Best Entertaining Grill You Will Find
Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Specifications
- Dimensions: 60.2 x 50.5 x 28.2 inches
- Total Cooking Area: 816 square inches
- Weight: 112 pounds
- Construction: Stainless Steel
- Grill Grates: Porcelain enamel coated cast iron
Key Features of the Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D
- Bottle Opener: Everyone loves (or should love) to have a beer while grilling. While most of us can open the top off a cold one with almost everything, however, you really can’t go wrong having a bottle opener front and centre. Its also far safer than using the top of a spatula or the nearest knife edge.
- Wheels: The wheels on the DGN576SNC-D are solid and will be able to take your grill over most surfaces (within reason). The large 8-inch ‘front’ wheels are designed to tackle most types of ground, however the 3 inches ‘rear’ wheels smaller with a full 360° of turning capability to make those smaller adjustments to get the perfect placement.
- Large Cooking Space: Having a large total cooking space of 816 square inches over two separate cooking spaces is phenomenal. This is enough to cook at least 30 burgers at a time. These two spaces can be utilized as two completely different cooking spaces thanks to the adjustable charcoal/woodchip trays, These two trays allow you to create two cooking environments. This cooking space is enough to feed everyone you know on a big Sunday afternoon, but can also be small enough to cook for just the family on a weeknight.
- Adjustable Charcoal / Woodchip Trays: One of my favorite features of this unit are the adjustable woodchip/charcoal trays. Each side has its own adjustable lever that allows the tray to be raised or lowered to the grates. This allows you to create two totally separate cooking environments. This means that you can have a brisket on low and slow all day, then fire up the second space, move the tray right up close to the grates, and sear a steak, or flame grill some chicken wings to be finished at the same time as the brisket. This invention is truly genius.
- Porcelain Enamelled Cast Iron Cooking Grates: The cooking grates are conveniently split into 4 seperate pieces. This helps make them easier to handle, clean and set up initially. The cast iron grates hold heat really well. The unit also has a warming rack which pops up when the lid is lifted into place.
- Fold Down Shelving: Every grill should have fold down shelving. The DGN576SNC-D has a solid fold down shelf on each side. This works in perfect harmony with the two separate cooking space. You can have one side for veggies and one for meat, or one side solely dedicated to chicken. This stops any kind of cross-contamination. I find this is perfect for those of us who have vegetarian friends.
- Front Doors: The two front doors allow access into the woodchip/charcoal racks. This makes refuelling mid cook super easy and painless.
- Storage Racks: At the base of the unit there is a really handy storage rack. This is great for storing covers, cleaners and other cooking utensils that are not in use.
- Adjustable Air Flow and Smoke Stack: Each side of the grill has an adjustable airflow handle. This allows you to control your temperature with ease, for each space of the grill. The stainless steel smoke stack also allows for airflow adjustments.
Ease of Use
Im not going to lie, setting up the DGN576SNC-D is a big job for one person. When the box arrives it is very heavy. If you are setting it up by yourself I would advise you to open the box and move the pieces to your general grilling area before trying to set it up. However, if you have two or more people, its movable in one box.
The unit is easy to set up and it is quite obvious that each piece only has one home. Once the unit is set up, actually using and grilling with it is really really easy.
The conveniently placed bottle (beer) opener sets the tone for how easy this grill is to use. This is thanks to the two front doors giving you access to the fireboxes and the easily manageable air flow slots. Throughout the cook the temperature gauge keeps an accurate eye on the temperature.
Cleaning and Maintenance
I know you are thinking that a grill this big is going to be a real pain in the *** to clean, but that is another reason why I love this grill.
Below the two front doors is a fully removable tray where all the leftovers fall into. Simply pull it out, discard the leftovers and wipe clean.
The rest of the internal area of the grill is easy to clean because the grill grates break up into 4 pieces for easy cleaning, then you are left with a big open pit to clean the walls. All once cooled down of course.
The DGN576SNC-D Warranty Details
The DGN576SNC-D has a 1 year limited manufacturers warranty, except the charcoal / woodchip tray which has a 90 day manufacturers warranty.
This warranty is shorter than most of its competitors, however, with the quality of this unit I would not be to concerned about this, by my assessment this is a very well and sturdy constructed grill.
Do You Get Value Value For Money
This grill is not the cheapest grill on the market, however it is also not one of the more expensive ones. To be honest I would not be mad paying a lot more than its worth.
For me, it delivered everything that a charcoal grill should do, it has all of the essential features packed into a super solid and quite good looking unit.
Value for money? You beta-ya!
Pros and Cons of the Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D
- For a big grill, it has great portability.
- Huge cooking space.
- Heavy duty stainless steel construction.
- Removable tray for easy cleaning.
- Two adjustable fireboxes.
- The assembly is heavy and can take a long time to set up if you are setting it up by yourself.
Charlies Final Thoughts on the Dyna-Glo DGN576SNC-D Charcoal Smoker
If you are serious about you backyard entertaining and love the though of cooking with charcoal wood chips.
It is a fairly big and heavy unit, however, it is still manoeuvrable with the big wheels. It comes with all the essential features that you need to produce great quality food for a big crowed, or just a small gathering of your closest friends and family.
I can’t stress enough how much I love the adjustable firebox racks and the dual space cooking functionality is just genius.
I would highly recommend this unit for anyone who loves charcoal grilling.
This unit is simple, yet full of features that you need.
4.4 / 5 Stars